NY Center for Book Arts
40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLABORATIVE READING SERIES
Jen Bervin with Genine Lentine;
Patricia Spears Jones with Ada Limón
STYLE WARS: Three conversations on the power of style
June 2, 2015
Doors: 6 pm
Talk: 7–8 pm
Claire Daigle, Sampada Aranke, Ella Diaz, Genine Lentine, Asuka Ohsawa, with moderator Nicole Archer.
“California Cool”: Why is it that certain forms of composure, and lifestyle seem eminently more possible in the California sun, outside the shadows of a place like New York? This conversation asks how space and style inform each other, and how ‘California’ has come earn the love of so many artists and musicians. From lowrider culture to Ed Ruscha, beatnik HOWLs to hip hop freestyles, participants will work to tell the Golden State’s story through a diverse set of cultural practices and imaginaries.
September 6 Visions of the Wild Festival, 1:00pm at JFK Library in Vallejo.
- September 27, 2014 100 Thousand Poets for Change @ Adobe Books, with MK Chavez, Kiala Givehand, Judy Halebsky
- October 15, Litquake @Yerba Buena: Poetry Tuesday at Jessie Square, 12:30pm-1:30pm
- November 22, SFZC
- April 26 at the Emerald Tablet, with Lizzy Acker, MK Chavez, Mariama Lockington
- May 23, with Alex Dimitrov Poetry Flash @ Moe’s
- June 2, Sunday Studio Reading
- June 7, launch for Farnoosh Fathi’s Great Guns, with Farnoosh Fathi, Michael Bauer, Rebecca Blakley, and Kristen Gleason, The Green Arcade (at McRoskey Mattress)
- June 14, SoEx Monster Drawing Rally at THE NWBLK
- June 21, launch for Found Dharma Talks, published by Missing Links Press, at SFCB
- June 19, g.e. Collective reading, Books & Bookshelves
- June 29, Bay Area Poetry Marathon
- July 6, BeastCrawl